Are you facing any difficulties with your My Spark Denver application or card?
– NO OFFICE HOURS Thurs, Feb 15th –
Our doors are open every Thursday from 8am to 3pm MST to provide additional support to any family member in need. You don’t need to schedule an appointment in advance, but if you want to confirm the availability of our team or set up a call for virtual support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is located at 1705 17th St #200, Denver, CO 80202.
Parents/guardians should apply online on behalf of their child(ren).
You and your child(ren) are eligible for My Spark Denver if you answer YES to all of the following questions.
- Do you have a middle school student?
- Does this student attend a Denver Public School (includes charter and innovation schools)?
- Is your child eligible for free or reduced-price lunch?
How It Works
- Apply online. You will need your child’s Denver Public School ID number when you apply.
- Choose from a list of participating afterschool and extracurricular providers. This list grows every week, so check back regularly.
- Register directly with the provider and use your My Spark Card to pay.
You can choose to upload documentation showing that your family is eligible for free or reduced-price lunch, but this is not a requirement.
How will I show my family’s free or reduced price lunch status?
- Locate Free or Reduced Lunch (FRL) documentation that includes your student’s name, their FRL eligibility and their DPS Student ID, by doing ONE of the following:
- Apply for School Meal Benefits at myschoolapps.com and receive a verification letter. (If you qualify for other programs that make your child automatically eligible for free school meals, please still apply through myschoolapps.com to get a letter.)
- Complete the My Spark Free or Reduced Lunch Eligibility Form and get it signed by your school.
- Find a copy of your verification from last school year (2022-2023).
- Upload the document as part of your My Spark Denver application.